Thursday, April 1, 2010

Podcasting

The next thing we focused on in class was podcasting. The use of audio learning is just as important as the visual learning we learned about previously in class. It still amazes me how many different ways people can access and create their own visual and auditory stories, and for free too. Just in my lifetime, technology has advanced exponentially giving a wide array of professionals access to beneficial tools. For example, teachers can use technology as a way to get through to students who don't respond to the traditional teaching methods. Personally, I would have loved it if my teachers in elementary and middle school could have had the resources teachers have now!
In class we went through tutorials for multiple sites in which we could create audio tracks. I messed around with all of them in class, but when I made my own podcast I used garageband, because it was easy to access and use on my personal computer. While researching podcasts I came across a video on youtube.com that as the title suggests explains podcasting in "plain english" and here it is, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment